- Purchasable products which are reviewed or endorsed on this site (www.paperspencils.com) are most commonly acquired at my (Nick Whelan’s) own expense. In the event that a product is offered to me on the condition that I review it, I may choose to do so. However, acceptance of a product does not ensure a positive review or endorsement of the product.
- If something is reviewed or endorsed by this site, it is because I legitimately feel that it is relevant to this site’s readership.
- I will not guarantee that any review of any item or media will be positive. I promise to assess items or media on their own merits, and assess them consistently and honestly according to my personal opinion.
- Any other site promoted within the content of this site’s posts will be a site which is relevant to my readership. I receive no monetary compensation for doing so.
- In the event that advertisements ever do appear on this site, they will be clearly marked as such.
- Images used on this site are most often pulled from my personal collection of images saved over the years, or from Google Image Search. I am very nearly never aware of who the owners of these images are. If you have seen one of your images on this site and would like to be credited, or would like the image removed, I will happily do so. You can contact me using the information on the contact page.
This site (www.paperspencils.com) uses Google Analytics to collect and store anonymous usage data. Neither I (Nick Whelan) nor anyone acting on my behalf shares the personal information of this site’s visitors with any third party.
I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission.
Information on Licensing Content
Papers & Pencils and all original content found therein is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This means that you are able to copy, download, and redistribute any of my (Nick Whelan’s) work freely as long as credit is provided to me, along with a link back to this site, and no alterations are made to my work. None of the content of this site may be sold or used for any commercial endeavor without my explicit written consent.
I highly value comments on all of my work, and welcome both praise and criticism equally. I also highly value free speech rights, and the anonymity offered by the Internet. That having been said, a few rules are necessary.
- No flaming, trolling, or hate speech. Whilst I encourage discussion and debate within this site’s comments, I will not tolerate flaming (defined as comments which are intended to attack or put-down the post’s author, or a fellow commentator), trolling (defined as nonconstructive comments made for the sole purpose of provoking an angry response), or hate speech (defined as any communication that disparages a person or a group on the basis of some characteristic such as race, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or other characteristic).
- No illegal content, or links to such content. This includes, but is not limited to, downloads of RPG sourcebooks.
- No spam. You may post links within your comments only if they are relevant to the original post, or to the existing conversation within the comments. Any links must also be accompanied by some explanation of what the link is and why it is being posted.
- I reserve the right to moderate, delete, or change any content within a comment as I see fit at any time for no reason. This will only be done if I feel the comment breaks either the letter, or the spirit, of this site’s policies. Any comments which are edited will only have offending content removed from them, and a note will always be added to indicate that an edit was performed and why.
- I am not responsible or liable for the content of any comment on this blog which is not specifically signed by me.
- You grant me license to use, quote, or directly respond to your comment on the site, or elsewhere.
- Please remain on-topic. Off-topic conversations within the comments will not be considered in violation of these policies. However, if excessive off-topic conversation becomes an issue, this policy may change.
These policies are subject to change and were last updated on January 28th 2012